Wednesday, September 3, 2008

At least the week is halfway over :)

That sounds like a jolly title doesn't it? I absolutely can't wait for this week to be over. Work has been torture. I've been in tears multiple times. I'll be glad when the merger drama is over and things are somewhat normal which will probably be at least November for me. Please pray for me, I'm truly having a really difficult time dealing with it all.

On to slightly happier news, even though VT got their butts beat on Saturday, it opened Beamer's eyes to see that Glennon is just not a good QB and Tyrod's redshirt has been removed - yippeeeee!!!! Chad is taking Bryce to the game Saturday and I'm going to stay home and scrapbook or cook. They will enjoy a boys day and I'll enjoy a day at home to myself :)

Now, you noticed I said cook above. Can someone please come take my temperature?!?! I don't think I have ever in my life been in the mood to cook but I am for some strange reason. I found several new recipes that I want to try so I hope they turn out well so I'll actually have a positive cooking experiece, that really doesn't happen very often!!

Bryce is not wanting to do AWANAS again this year at church. I'm really not sure how I feel about this. Last year, he didn't want to do it and I didn't make him. I figured starting a full 5 day kindergarten was enough for his poor 5 year old body. And its not that he doesn't/can't learn the verses. He's very capable of doing it but he doesn't like the fun part of AWANAS either - playing games, etc. So, last year, he sat in church with me on Wednesday nights and it usually went pretty well. I really think he is like me and Chad in that he does not like to be put on the spot. I can quote Bible verses all day in my head but if someone asks me to quote one in a classroom environment, I totally freeze and so does Chad so I honestly think that is part of Bryce's problem too. Even though he's not nearly as shy as he once was, he's just not that kind of kid. Soooo, I really don't know what to do this year - any advice? I will tell you that I am really having issues with being motivated to drive 25 minutes to church on Wednesday nights after working all day, coming home to cram in dinner and Bryce's homework before we leave -- and Chad usually works on Wednesday nights so its me doing it all by myself. I was raised going to church twice on Sundays and every Wednesday night, no questions asked so I am struggling with this in a major way. I know I should go to church every service but its sooo hard. I am truly contemplating getting an age appropriate boys devotional book with questions and memory verses in it and Bryce and I just doing it at home on Wednesdays and then practicing the verse all week. Please give me some feedback on how you feel about this and deal with these situations. I am responsible for his little soul at this point and don't want to screw up!!!

Sorry that got so long today! When I sat down to blog, I didn't think I was going to have much to say ;)

3 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Well, I'll chime in here. I'll be honest...I grew up going to church on Sunday morning, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, etc, etc...and grew to dislike it VERY much, lol. VERY VERY much. I just told Jer last night as we were driving up into church and it was PACKED, I said, You know...this has GOT to be God, because, WHO wants to attend church on Wednesday nights when we are so busy, lol...and Pastor Chris even said the same thing, which I thought was funny. He said, I know this CAN'T be "ME", bc I know "ME".

I know I am totally not answering you question...but I know what you are feeling...and I don't think you are bad for feeling that way.

As far as memorizing verses. Jer and I have talked a lot about this. The girls have started having contests at church for this, and they get candy if they memorize verses. We want them to memorize verses for THEM...and I know, there's a balance, and it's good they are memorizing them, but I don't want it to just be "words", but that they KNOW WHAT IT means.

Again, I am TOTALLY not answering any of your questions here, but just know that I understand where you are coming from. I believe if you pray about it all, the Lord will give you a peace about what you are to do. Isn't that the typical answer we give, hee hee....ahhhhh, you gotta love life.

I'll be praying for ya girl. :)

Jeremiah said...

hey, ummm, sorry, for some reason I posted under Jeremiah, lol, this is Monique

AshleyS said...

I have no idea about church, Clayton started Wednesday nights this year--we'll see how it goes. Just wanted to say I'll be praying for it to ease up for you at work.