Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday!!!

Well, this week has gone by pretty quickly so I'm very thankful for that! Its been cool and rainy here for the past couple of days so that always affects how I feel, I'm ready for the rain to go away!!! Went for my weekly follow up with the dr today and he said I have regressed some so that's not good. He said stress plays a large part in that so that explains it. There is work drama galore here right now with the merger. We are getting totally new software and are moving our department by the middle of September and training hasn't even begun. Multiple cat fights over offices and cubicles, etc. I'll be glad when that is over and done with!

Bryce has had a great week at school so far. They learned about manure this week (I know, nice, huh!?!) so everything he talks about has to have the word manure somewhere in the topic. His teacher is awesome. She has him so excited about learning, he's not even complaining about his homework! She jokes and talks sports with him so she is just the perfect fit for him. She is a West Va fan so she told Bryce the other day that Va Tech was manure and he told her West Va was manure :) He wore a blue and yellow Jordan outfit the other day and she told him thank you for wearing West Va colors - and he quickly came back that blue and gold are our high school colors too and that's why he was wearing it!

Tomorrow is jeans day at work - woohoo!! I love me some jeans!

Anybody have any big weekend plans? We don't really have any big plans. Chad is off for the long weekend (he's a RN so I was afraid he would have to work) so it will be nice to have the fam together. Va Tech plays on Saturday so that will take up most of our day! Can't wait - GO HOKIES!! Although, I am afraid this year isn't lookin' so hot, I guess we'll see. I can't believe they are red shirting Tyrod, that's just a crime, we all know how I like Tyrod! He's actually a very nice guy too unlike Sean Glennon. We went to a Hokie Kids Club autograph day and I was not impressed with Sean at all, I thought he was very cocky and rude, this is a KIDS event for goodness sakes! Tyrod on the other hand was super cordial and chatted with Bryce and posed for photos. I'll have to post one if I think about it when I get home. I plan on doing a whole Hokie album from the autograph day. Bryce is positive that he is going to play for the Hokies one day - I hope his dream will come true for him. If he keeps the athletic pace that he does now, I definitely think it could be a possibility for him. The child's main Christmas wish was a REAL football helmet, not a play one. So most of his Christmas gifts were football related - shoulder pads, helmet, pants, pads and Under Armor galore - he couldn't have been more thrilled and puts on the uniform at least 3 days a week so he can "practice" - how funny! I'm expecting great things from this kid!!

Have a great long weekend!!!

3 comments:

AshleyS said...

sounds like a great teacher!!! hopefully she'll keep the excitement going all year!

have fun this weekend!

Kelli said...

Go HoKIES :)

can't wait to see pictures, someday we may do the whole club thing, but when you don't have season tickets I'm not sure it's worth it quite yet.

Patti H said...

So glad to hear you are all happy with his teacher!! Have a great weekend Lee-Ellen