Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm BAAAAAACK

Did you wonder what happened to me???!?!? Well, most of you know that I've been a little under the weather for the last few months. I am very thankful to be feeling better and I know that God has a purpose for everything so I'm open and ready to learn what He wants out of this.

Being out of work for almost 2 months was not planned at all but with the illness it was my only choice. I am so happy that I was able to spend the majority of the summer with Bryce even though I didn't feel well, we spent a lot of time together and really enjoyed ourselves. My mom made sure we got out of the house pretty often and did some fun things. We did several pool trips with me basically resting and mom chasing Bryce but I think that was enjoyed by all. I am already missing all of the time I got to spend with my mom. I truly couldn't have gotten thru the last 2 months without her. This past week I actually felt pretty good at home and got a lot of things accomplished. I could have used another few weeks to "have fun" (aka scrapbook) at home.

I really got pretty used to being home. When Bryce was little and I stayed home for a few months, I was itching to get back to work for adult interaction but now that he's 6 - its kind of like having an adult around. He is such a smart and caring boy. I could really dig being a stay at home mom now but that decision has been long gone financially for years. But that's my wanna be thing for today, I wanna be a stay at home mom.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I didn't know you had a blog :) YAY! I'm going to add you to my beautiful scrappers' list :)

how's life in C'burg.

We are headed to the New River Junction next week to go camping and tubing on the river ;)

we were in bburg for Steppin' out...thought about you and wondered if I might see you there...hope you are well!

you've been sick? hope everythings okay :)

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that you had those precious moments with Bryce this summer - although it wasn't exactly the way you would've planned it if you had been in control. So hard letting go and having faith in the midst of pain. Have you heard the song, "I Will Praise You in This Storm?" Very apropos.