Monday, December 15, 2008

ALIVE!

Yes, I'm still alive for those of you that wondered :) Thanks for the emails checking on me!

Life continues to be very busy - Bryce is playing basketball and indoor soccer. I am so very proud of him! He's on a U9 soccer team (he's 6) so he's learning a lot and he's hanging with the big boys very well!

On the TTC front - as if you aren't sick of hearing about it :) I think I am finally in a place where I'm ok with being done. I kept the infant nursery at church last night and while I loved every second of holding those babies, I think I can move on. Think being the key word. We'll see in time if I'm really ready to let go or not. This has been such a hard, humbling and painful journey. I have learned a lot of important lessons thru this.

I hate to always be a downer but I got some really sad news Friday that I hope you guys will pray about. A co-worker's 14 year old daughter was killed late Thursday. She and a friend were at Hardee's waiting on the friend's mom to pick them up to take them to dance. When the mom pulled in, she missed the brake and pinned the girl between the car and the building killing her immediately. She was an only child conceived by IVF, a true miracle baby. I know both families are devastated. Please pray for them. That has really helped open my eyes to how truly blessed I am.

On to happier things....anyone planning on going to Scrap Etc in Atlanta next year? I'd really like to go but not sure I can swing it. Atlanta would ROCK though!

4 comments:

Dani said...

Oh I am soo sorry about the accident. Anybody I know? thanks for the well wishes on my blog.

Lee-Ellen said...

Kelly Hyson, one of the new Ops managers from the merger - she's out of Staunton!

I know that I haven't gone thru what you have but I do understand the infertility pain so if you ever want to chat - I'm just an email or phone call away!

ten.blue.eyes said...

Oh my gosh, lots of prayers going to their family. I know I haven't been around talking to you much and I apologize, I have a whole long reason why that I will pm you with later. I miss talking to you though! Love you girlie!

Patti H said...

Oh Lee-Ellen that poor family. That breaks my heart. I would love to go to Scrap Etc. keep me posted if you are going because I WILL NOT go if I don't know anyone.